Forecast showing 20kts N all day, windsurf.co.nz Orewa camera showing 19kts NNE almost all day. After 3pm start to be hard keep my concentration on the work. 4pm windsurf.co.nz Orewa camera show wind dropping to 14kts. :-( I decided to have a go, all forecast is showing the wind is increasing.
When I get there one guy is struggling with a surfboard close to the river, the wind looks like 12kts some times 10kts. I talked with some friends and everybody is optimistic about the wind, they choose to pump the 12m instead of the 14m. What to do if they are pumping 12 I need to pump my 9m, but the wind looks like 16m.
After wear my wetsuit I decided pump the 12m, if the wind pick-up I can change the kite or stop. 12m was not enough, I couldn't keep my height, each 2 legs I need to stop and walk upwind, probably I spend more time stand in the sand than kitesurfing.
Orewa still a place I didn't have a good session, maybe next time.