I don't know if I should log this session as a real session because I think I did maybe 8 or 9 legs and not a good ones.
The day starting as usual checking all the weather forecast, comparing the forecast with some real-time weather station and try to guess where will be good to kite. The best place should be South Head, NW 15 to 19kts all day, high time 14:30. Because the last time it was closed I search in the internet if have some news about it be closed, I couldn't found anything.
A friend came to my house and we drove till there to see a closed gate again. I need to figure out how to know if the gate is open or close. This friend was keen to try Okahukura Reserve in Tapora because I have told him about this place, the time was perfect we should be there around 13:00 and high tide will be 14:30. After a long drive we get there and the tide was perfect, the wind was around 12kts, not enough for the 9 meters but I had my 12 meters cut last session and I thought will be better the new 9 meters Dice than the old 12 meters Airush One.
Until we were preparing the wind pick up a bit and I decided to try first with the twin-tip. Was marginal, but possible for maybe 5 minutes after that the wind drop to maybe 8 kts.
We both were trying to kiting when the gust came, go downwind pumping the kite and walk upwind. After while I decided to try with the old 12 meters Airush One and the surf board. When I had everything ready the wind drop to 6 kts. We were there doing nothing waiting the wind pickup, after a while the wind pickup to 12kts I grabbed the surfboard, this time strapless, and tried again.
The good news is I could waterstart and ride strapless, the day was not all bad :-), but the wind didn't help. The wind died again and we were in the water playing with the kites trying to keep it flying. My friend start to do kite loops and I decided try as well. Sometimes the both kites fall from the sky and to relaunch was hard stuff, my friend was relaunch pulling the 2 back lines and turn the kite fast, I tried the same and after a while I start to manage do the same, sometimes I pulling the two back lines and the kite fall back on the water but facing up, than I pull hard the 2 front lines 2 or 3 times and the kite get air again.
After some more rides going downwind and sometimes get a little upwind we decided we have enough and we should go home. Off course when we had all packed the wind start to pick up again but the water was going down.
Was not a good day kiting, but was not bad as well. I could ride strapless, I did some kite loops standing now I should try it riding, I checked my old 12 meters Airush One and it is not so bad. Yes, was a good day!